Sunday, June 17, 2007

Menu

Menu for the next two weeks

Pork Chops and Creamed Potatoes
Creamed Chicken in Rice with Carrots
Chinese Chicken Stir Fry
Hot Dogs and Fries
Filet Mignon with sometype of potatoes or rice
Strip Steak with Fried Potatoes
Lasagna with garlic bread
Turkey Burgers, Fries and Corn on the Cob
Meatloaf, scalloped Potatoes and broccoli
Zucchini Quiche
Grilled Cheese and Soup

I feel better having a menu planned out for the next two weeks, I'm trying to see if it helps out at the grocery store too. It's nice to be able to leave for work in the morning and have an idea of what's going to be for dinner, all we have to do is pick something off the list and pull it out of the freezer.

I feel like I spend way to much money at the store, but prices have gone up lately and meat is outrageous. I'm cooking as much as I can from scratch, but I could probably do alot better. To help save money this week, I bought a whole chicken, .97 pound versus the 4.98 a pound for chicken breasts. I'm cooking it right now with some fresh herbs from my garden. When it's finished we'll have enough meat for several meals and some lovely chicken broth. I like to cook rice in chicken broth it always tastes much better, or I might even make some homemade chicken rice soup.

Off to finish my cleaning and work on my quilt.

No comments: