Monday, August 21, 2006
Thursday, August 17, 2006
What would you do if you won the lottery? The lotto commercial came on while I was driving home today, driving my 45 minute plus drive, after the very long week of dealing with people who abuse the system, who lie and who seem to get away with; all at the same time of dealing with people who desperately need help but can't get any (for anyone out there thinking of a career change, let me suggest anything but social service type work), sooo back to the story, the commercial comes on and I start to think, what would I do if I won the lottery. Here's my list:
- Buy a house, not a big house, not a mansion, but a decent good house, with land, oh and trees and maybe a creek with a view of the mountains, well if I'm dreaming, a barn with pastures and a pond and some ducks, yes! I want some ducks with my house!!
- Buy my father and brother a house, just far enough away that I can check on dad but not close enough to have to take care of him. Hmm, I'd probably pay for my brother and his financees' school, that would be a very nice wedding present.
- Put the majority of the money in investments and live off the interest and quit the job! Oh yes, the job would go bye bye. If I get bored being at home all day (wow can't imagine that happening) I would like to open a bookstore in a little town.
- Everyone says they would donate to charities, and while I am a firm believer in supporting your local charity, I think I would set aside a chunk of money designated for charities and then support them when they really needed something important, like a jump start on a building campaign or like the poor people today who really needed help but couldn't find any.
- I'd invest in a little car shop that my ex has been fantasizing about for years now. Invest mind you! I want to see a profit :)
- Apparently in my original post I left off a very important person, I can't believe where my mind was to have left him off, but he is soooo special and dear to me that he gets to pick three things when I win, anything 3 things, I might even dress up like the genie and grant his wishes for him, hehehehe.
I'd do that and probably a million more things, maybe I'll win the 40 mil this week, oh wait that's right I'm too cheap to buy a ticket, darn....
Oh and it's up to 49 mil now, very very tempting..................
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
Here's a few pics of the little one I rescued last week. I was leaving for work and on the exit to Athens when I saw her in the middle of the 4 lanes. I figured someone had hit her and when I drove by she moved! So soft hearted me pulled over, I stood by the side of the road while what seemed like a million cars and trucks zoomed over and by her, I kept hoping no one would hit her while I was standing there. Finally I go out scoop her up, her eyes were the size of saucers but she was alive and didn't have any obvious injuries. I put her in the backseat of the car and went to work. At the office she had perked up and was moving around some, her only injuries were a scrap on the chin and a swollen eye. She spent the night with me and then went to her new home the next day. A lady at my office took her in and says she is a ball of energy and doing just fine.