Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Rescue



Here's a few pics of the little one I rescued last week. I was leaving for work and on the exit to Athens when I saw her in the middle of the 4 lanes. I figured someone had hit her and when I drove by she moved! So soft hearted me pulled over, I stood by the side of the road while what seemed like a million cars and trucks zoomed over and by her, I kept hoping no one would hit her while I was standing there. Finally I go out scoop her up, her eyes were the size of saucers but she was alive and didn't have any obvious injuries. I put her in the backseat of the car and went to work. At the office she had perked up and was moving around some, her only injuries were a scrap on the chin and a swollen eye. She spent the night with me and then went to her new home the next day. A lady at my office took her in and says she is a ball of energy and doing just fine.

No comments: