Saturday, August 01, 2009

Summer Break

Summer Break is rapidly coming to an end. I did get a lot done this summer

- Read 12 books
- Planted flower and vegetable garden
- Organized Pantry
- Painted kitchen
- Trips with nieces to zoo, easton, and COSI
- Two gaming cons

I did some canning today, the taco sauce and pickled peppers turned out great, but my broth was a disaster. The first batch was chicken broth and one of the jars blew the top off and only a few sealed. The second batch was beef broth and only 2 of the 7 jars sealed. I've never had a problem with seals before. I wonder if I got a bad box of lids.

Overall it's been a wonderful summer break. Back to the grindstone in two weeks. Only taking two classes this fall, Foundations of Nursing and Pathophysiology. Should be fun.

No comments: