Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Piano

I pulled out my keyboard tonight, I had given my piano away several months ago, it had been in storage for years and I didn't have the means to move it or the place to put it. It broke my heart to give it away and I miss it so much, but for now the keyboard is good enough. It's not a full size piano keyboard, but has 4 octaves, so at least I can actually play the majority of my songs on it. So tonight I finally pulled it out, OMG I can't believe I forgot what a release playing is for me. I'm pretty rusty and need alot of practice, but really not too bad considering.

I started playing when I was 8, so wow, that's 20 years of playing piano. When I was younger I would come home from school and play for an hour or so, practice my lessons and then just play a variety of things. I would play faster and faster, totally immensed in the keys and just loose myself. If I messed up on a song or got frustrated I would play pop goes the weasel, it's like my way of erasing and clearing the board. Nothing like hearing someone go from Beethoven to pop goes the weasel in a matter of seconds. I played at church for several years, now all I really enjoy to play is the old time humns.

My mom always said she loved to hear me play, must have been true now that I think of the amount of money and time they put into my lessons. By the time I was in high school the 1/2 hour piano lessons every week weren't enough for me, so I added another lesson, finally around my junior year, there wasn't any reason for me to keep going. During college I didn't play as much, when I moved out I didn't have my piano for several years, I bought the keyboard, but it never was the same. Eventually I was able to bring the piano to my house, but that only lasted for a few months until it had to go to storage. I wish I had the space for a piano here, but I don't.

Some day, some day soon...........

No comments: